Monday, July 27, 2009

9 Months!



My little Adam has been out in this world as long as he was inside of me. He is growing too fast. Could someone please tell him to slow down already? Thanks.

He has grown so much since the last month update that it's almost like he's a different baby. I'd have to go back to see what he was able to do at 8 months, but here's what he's able to do quite well.

He crawls, pulls to stand (even on flat surfaces, like walls or the sliding glass door), gets down from standing quite easily and gently, climbs stairs, cruises on furniture, opens drawers (a less than favorite new feature, I have to say), eats table food, can feed himself finger foods, drinks from a straw and a cup when it's held for him, laughs at silly games, loves to be chased... the list goes on and on.

He also has started playing "games" with us. Just today I was playing peek-a-boo with him, a game that he just loves. We were doing it for quite a while and then I realized that he was mimicing me and doing peek-a-boo back to me in his own way. No hand movements, but he was saying "eeeeeeeeeeh EH!" over and over with the hugest smile on his face, just like my "aaaaaaah PEEK-A-BOO!" He would giggle when I'd make a surprised face after each one. It was so cute and I wish I could've gotten it on video.

He got his first hair trim by Abe today. His hair was almost to the tip of his nose and just looked so messy. Abe did a funky job, but he still looks so cute and like different baby. I saved some of the locks to keep. Aww, my little boy is really growing up. 3 more months and he's a 1 year old. I need to savor each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment