Thursday, June 25, 2009

We have a crawler!

Yes, that's right. We can add to the rapidly expanding list of things that Adam has mastered. Suddenly last week he can crawl. And not just army crawl- but real up-on-all-fours crawling. And boy can he get some speed!

It sure has changed things for him. And for us too. I've noticed that he can play for a lot longer and stay content because he can move around to what he wants to look at. He can explore and learn about his surroundings.

I'm sure you can guess how my life has changed....lol. Yeah, it's a little more busy and heart-stopping. Suddenly everything has the potential to hurt him. I have to survey the room to see if he's going to shove that little piece of whatever into his mouth and choke, while I'm busy doing something. Is he going to fall down the stairs (yes, we need to get a gate up). Today he pulled the vacuum cleaner down on himself.

But he is having so much fun with his mobility and looks so cute doing it, I will deal with the extra work. And I do realize that this is nothing compared to when he starts walking. Thank god the milestones don't all come in the same week. I need to adjust to them!

Here's video of him crawling. He also shows off his standing up ability too. Such a talented boy I have!



Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. That video is too cute! It's so amazing to watch them gain their little bits of independence--which is quickly followed by a trip to the babyproofing aisle at BRU. Go, Adam, Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I so need to get gates. He also has discovered the dog's water dish. I love every minute of it though!

    ReplyDelete