I had the worst jet lag last night. After falling asleep at a good time, I woke up at 1:30 and couldn't go back to sleep until around 4. It sucked. Adam and Abe slept just fine, but Khalil was having trouble too, even though he had been here for over a week. I finally got to sleep and was woken up by Jimi at 9. I was tired today!
Today was HOT. It was mid 90s and there is no air conditioning here. Even though the house is stone and tile, it was hot and sweaty for everyone. It makes for a sleepy day. We didn't even bother going out until later because of the heat. We spent the day waiting for relatives to visit and then went to visit a family friend's cafe that he's opening soon. He had a chef demo his food, so we got to attend and sample the food. Then we walked up to Umo Eso's old house to visit. It's a very old house that everyone had told me about. It's the house where Umo stays and it's pretty worn. Jimi hates using the bathroom because he says it reminds him of a haunted house. It was just a very old, peeling paint, musty house. I'm not sure why he doesn't stay in the house we are currently in, as it is new and very nice. I guess he doesn't want to leave the house that has been in his family since he's been a baby.
We walked home and I just got Adam down for the night. I'm hoping that his jetlag goes quickly.
Abe and I talked about either renting a car or somehow getting a driver to take us into Jerusalem. The Israelis won't let Palestinians into the city without a permit (even though the city should be shared by Jews, Arabs and Christians), if we took a bus out of the city, we'd have to get out at the check point and get onto another bus. It's a good example of how they've oppressed people. What used to take 15 minutes to get into the city now takes over an hour. If we can rent a car with the proper license plate, we can drive into the city no problem. Plus we could take Adam; no way it would be comfortable for anyone to drag him on a hot bus. Either way, we will get to see the city where Christ walked.
Until tomorrow.
Chocolate Chip Cookies, currently
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment