Yes, it was 68 beautiful degrees in blustery Michigan today. I knew it was going to be warm, but I did not know it was going to be close to 70! And this after months of freezing cold temps and record snowfall. Adam and I went on two walks and Jimi got his bike down from the garage and rode it in his shorts. It was the first time Adam got to be out without being all bundled up. How quickly winter falls away and spring thoughts emerge. Now, I know that this is fleeting, like all winter-warm ups in Michigan, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I know the real spring is many weeks away. But it was great to get a taste of what's to come.
I had a scary moment today on one of my walks with Adam. We have a snap-and-go that our car seat sets in. It's not the most expensive stroller, but I didn't want to invest in some huge, expensive stroller when I didn't even know what kind we'd be needing. I figured I'd get something nicer once it was spring and we'd be taking walks.
Jimi rode his bike and I took Adam in the stroller up to the high school. On the way back I was rushing a bit to get home to say goodbye to Abe, who had band practice today. I was pushing Adam along when we hit a pothole in a parking lot. In slow motion I watched as the stoller lurched forward and the car seat falling out and onto the pavement, face down. My heart stopped and I thought for sure I'd be rushing a bleeding baby to the ER. I was amazed when I didn't hear a peep from him. Thank god I had strapped him in because he was perfectly fine. He looked a bit confused, but was just fine. I couldn't believe my luck. I'm sure it's one of many accidents to come his way, but geez, that was a scary one. I had wondered why we lock them into the car seat just for a walk (and Sandy later admited that she had wondered why I did that too), but now I am glad I did.
Oh, and Abe and I decided now was the time to get a nice stroller that can handle the bumps!
Chocolate Chip Cookies, currently
7 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment