Friday, April 17, 2009

Sitting Pretty



Here is Adam showing off his new skill- sitting up unassisted (please ignore the bed hair!). I can't believe he's old enough to be doing this and so quickly. Not quickly in reference to his age, but quickly as in "Hey, you couldn't do that yesterday!" I swear, he was barely able to do it last week.

Here, this was the best he could do and this was *with a Boppy pillow behind him.



Yeah, it's floppy city (at least it's a good shot of our favorite team).

So, imagine my surprise when one day this week I sat in front of my full length mirror to put makeup on and put Adam between my legs, as usual. But this time, he actually sat up without needing to lean on me. How they suddenly get these skills, I'll never know. Yea, Adam!

On another note, we did move onto sweet potato after dropping the avocado for now. Jimi predicted that Adam would hate it since he himself doesn't care for the tasty veggie.

Well, Jimi lost that bet.



Adam LOVED it and gobbles it up. Jimi wants to witness Adam enjoying this hated vegetable with his own eyes. Stinker doesn't believe me!

Next on the fun adventure with real food..... pears. Stay tuned to see if Adam gives it a thumps up or down. Yes, I do realize how loser-like it makes me look to blog about my kid's diet. I just love this boy so much!

2 comments:

  1. I tried peas first, and DS hated it! Sweet potatoes is our next move, so I have hope he'll like it more. Your DS looks much happier with the sweet potatoes than the avocado!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your ds will love it too. I tasted it and it was pure sugar. I might steal some to make into home fries. Yum!

    ReplyDelete